These cold and dry winter months can take a toll on your body, skin and mental health. You need to create nourishing rituals that will soothe and replenish you. This immunity boosting tonic is the perfect night cap to your day.
Golden mylk is an Ayurvedic inspired nighttime elixir. It is packed with antioxidants and has antiviral properties to soothe sore throats and ward off colds which is vital this time of year. It is anti-inflammatory, helping to relieve muscle aches and joint pains. It’s also delightfully creamy and delicious, firing off those mood-boosting endorphins, preparing you for a deep and rejuvenating sleep.
What you will need:
- 2 cups almond, coconut or another milk of your choice (we like to use our Mad Mylk, it’s rich, creamy and loaded with superfoods)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey or maple syrup
Place milk in a small saucepan and heat on medium. Add spices and stir. Remove from heat and add honey or maple syrup to taste. Savor while warm!